Wanted two more mastermind suspects in the kidnap case of Nayati
KUALA LUMPUR (9th May): Police are on the hunt for two more suspects in the kidnap case of Nayati Shamelin Moodliar.
Federal police CID chief Commissioner Datuk Seri Mohd Bakri Zinin said both the 24-year-old suspects, one believed to be the mastermind, has fled to Europe while his accomplice is still at large in the country.
“Though we consider the case solved, we are still on the hunt for these two suspects. We will seek help from Interpol to track down the mastermind,” he said at a press conference held at the Kuala Lumpur police headquarters today.
Police also handed out two photos of the wanted suspects to the media and urged those with information on them to come forward and assist the police.
It was reported earlier that five suspects including a woman, all aged between 19 and 40, were arrested on Monday and Tuesday by a special team of detectives tasked to hunt them down.
He said that the team traced the woman and two men before nabbing them in Ipoh on Monday. Based on the information gathered, two other men were arrested the next day in the Klang Valley.
Mohd Bakri said police managed to recover half of the RM300,000 ransom paid by Nayati’s family for his safe return. In addition to that, police also seized a car which was fitted with fake registration plates which were used by the suspects to abduct the victim.
He said the team managed to locate a house in Ipoh where Nayati was held captive for six days and also learnt that the 12-year-old victim was moved to several locations by the kidnappers.
Nayati, a Dutch national, was abducted by two men on April 27 while walking to school from his house in Mon’t Kiara.
The kidnappers subsequently contacted his parents through Facebook and demanded a ransom of RM1 million initially, but later agreed to RM300,000 after negotiations.
Nayati was released on May 3 at the Sungai Buloh rest and recreation stop on the North-South expressway after his parents paid the ransom.