Tun Hisan – Investigation still goes on, no memorandum required
SHAH ALAM – The police will not hide any facts or protect any individual in crime investigation, said Selangor police chief Datuk Tun Hisan Tun Hamzah.
He was commenting on a memorandum by Parti Keadilan Rakyat’s Kapar member of parliament S. Manikavasagam urging the police to conduct transparent investigation into the murder of his aide K.S. Natchymuthu, 53, on Tuesday,.
Tun Hisan said the police would still carry out a thorough investigation even without a memorandum.
“We have received the memorandum and further investigation is still being conducted to collect evidence before the investigation report is submitted to the deputy public prosecutor for further action.
“We will not set up a special committee demanded by the victim’s family as we believe that our investigation has covered all aspects,” he said in a press conference, here, yesterday.
Tun Hisan said the victim had previously lodged a police report on a criminal threat against him and investigation had already been conducted according to Section 506 of the Penal Code.
It is understood that the suspect who made criminal threat against the victim was the same one arrested on suspicion of murdering the victim.
The suspect, a 43-year old gardener is remanded until Monday to assist investigations.
Natchymuthu was found dead in front of a guard house at Seri Sinar Apartments, Sunway Kayangan, here, at 8.15am with bruises on the head and back on Tuesday.
He is believed to have been beaten to death with a shovel.
On another matter, Tun Hisan denied allegation that the police had failed to curb internet gambling in the state.
He said conducted an average of 23 raids every day on gambling premises in Selangor until Nov this year, a total of 7,809 raids have been conducted and 2,045 arrests made.