PM announces list of 15 federal ministers
KUALA LUMPUR: The government today announced the names of 15 federal ministers.
The list was released following Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s audience with the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Sultan Muhammad V at the Istana Negara at 5pm today.
Dr Mahathir had submitted the names of the parliamentarians who would be appointed federal ministers.
In a brief statement, the government said the Yang diPertuan Agong gave his consent to the names.
The swearing-in ceremony for the ministers will take place on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 11.30am at the Istana Negara.
The following are the names submitted:
1. Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad (Bersatu – Langkawi)
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
2. Datuk Seri Dr. Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (PKR – Pandan)
Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (PPBM):
3. Home Minister: Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin (Pagoh)
4. Education Minister: Dr Maszlee Malik (Simpang Renggam)
5. Rural Development Minister: Rina Harun (Titiwangsa)
6. Women and Family Development Minister: Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail (Pandan)
7. Economic Affairs Minister: Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali (Gombak)
8. Housing and Local Government Minister: Datuk Zuraida Kamaruddin (Ampang)
9. Finance Minister: Lim Guan Eng (Bagan)
10. Transport Minister: Anthony Loke Siew Fook (Seremban)
11. Communications and Multimedia Minister: Gobind Singh Deo (Puchong)
12. Human Resources Minister: Kulasegaran s/o V. Murugeson (Ipoh Barat)
13. Defence Minister: Mohamad Sabu (Kota Raja)
14. Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Minister: Salahuddin Ayub (Pulai)
15. Health Minister: Dr. Dzulkefly Ahmad (Kuala Selangor) – NST