Man killed by videoke machine in Philippines

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

– A man was electrocuted by a rented videoke machine at a birthday gathering in Aritao town on Friday afternoon.

Warlito Corpuz, 23, received a sharp jolt as soon as he grabbed the videoke microphone to sing during the birthday celebration of his aunt in Barangay (village) Poblacion, according to SPO2 Jovencio Dalpig, police investigator.

“He would have been the first to sing, but as soon as he began, he suffered an electric shock,” Dalpig said.

Police said they are checking if the videoke rental operator, identified only as Mr. Ochoco, could be liable for negligence.

But Dalpig said it was also possible that the victim stepped on a pool of water. A washing machine near the party was splashing water, he said. – The Philippine Daily Inquirer/Asia News Network