Ngeh – public apology or face legal action?
IPOH – State DAP chairman Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham and secretary Nga Kor Ming have issued a notice of demand to Berita Harian, a blog and an individual for allegedly defaming them over a land deal in Kelantan.
Ngeh said the trio would have to apologize publicly within seven days or face legal action.
He said the newspaper had, on its Dec 27 frontpage, reported that the Kelantan people were upset that the state government had given a piece of land to the DAP leaders.
Addressing a press conference in the presence of Nga and several other DAP leaders here yesterday, Ngeh said the newspaper also published photographs purportedly showing timber logs kept in the area before being transported out.
He claimed that not a single log had been removed since the company, Upayapadu Plan Fortation Sdn Bhd, acquired the land in April last year.
He said Pisau.net had also maliciously reported on Dec 17 that the Kelantan Government had awarded both Nga and him a 4,259ha plot of land in exchange for their agreement to have Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin appointed Perak Mentri Besar in 2008.
Ngeh challenged the blogger, who uses the pseudonym Pisau Suka Hiris, to come out in the open. – The Star