Girl bashed up after birthday party at night club

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

A YOUNG woman was allegedly beaten up by at least four men after a quarrel at a club in the Marina Bay area.

Witnesses told The New Paper that the attack, which happened on Thursday at 3am at Mink, a club on the ground floor of Pan Pacific Hotel, left the woman bleeding from the head.

The alleged attackers are said to have run off before they could be detained.

The identity of the woman, who was said to have been celebrating her birthday, is not known.

Student Luke Tang, 19, told TNP that he saw the woman dancing on a podium just before the attack.

“Apparently, the girl fell off the podium and landed on the couch,” said Mr Tang, who was sitting two tables away from the incident site.

“Then she made a rude gesture at the guys at the table. They then pulled her off the couch.

“I saw four guys beating the girl. One bouncer pulled one of the guys off, and the other bouncers joined in.

“It was like half the club’s bouncers were there, and they stopped the fight.”

Miss Grace Guo, 19, a student who was there with her friends, said of the woman: “She had short, spiky hair, wore spectacles, was about 1.63m tall and well-built.”

“I heard that she just turned 18 and was celebrating.”

She also said the woman was bleeding from her head and there was blood flowing onto her face.

“I heard she got hit on the head with a bottle over a small matter. There was one guy who was being held back by a bouncer, and he had a bottle in his hand, trying to hit the girl,” Miss Guo said.

Miss Serene Yeo, 19, said she saw the woman “lying on the ground on a bed of glass”.

She said: “The fight involved six to eight people. The lady was beaten by a few guys.”

The alleged attackers were then seen running away.

Social media platforms Twitter and Facebook were abuzz with posts on the incident.

A Rachel Ong posted on her Facebook: “‘Was anyone at Mink last night? My sister got beaten up by 4 guys at the club last night and the cowards ran away once the police arrive (sic).

“If you were there last night, please do let me know. Thanks.’ – This is from my cousin so if anyone knows anything please let us know.”

Someone by the name of Selena Soh posted on her Twitter account @dsylxeic that “when friends tried to help, the guys flashed knives at them”.

She later posted: “Thanks for all your RTs everyone! Mink has contacted the father and they might know who the 4 men are.”

TNP tried to contact the woman who was attacked through her friends and cousin, but she declined comment.

A spokesman from Mink confirmed that the incident took place in the club, adding that they are assisting the police with their investigations.

“Safety of our customers is of paramount importance to us. Our team of security officers are well trained to handle these incidents and immediate action is taken by our security to protect the safety of our customers.”

A police spokesman said they received a call at around 2.45am requesting assistance.

“Upon police arrival, it was established that a fight had broken out,” said the spokesman. “A woman was conveyed to Singapore General Hospital.”

A spokesman from the Singapore Civil Defence Force said the woman was sent to hospital with a swollen forehead and a cut on her shin.

Police investigations are still ongoing. – The New Paper